Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 13 November 2013

I Reached, And Passed, The Thirty Thousand Word Milestone For NaNoWriMo

Today , I promised myself I'd pass the 30,000  word milestone for NaNoWriMo - and I did! I have now dictated 68 pages of my book, and still enjoying it as much as ever. Alfredo is still being really supportive, and encouraging, and tells me I can do it, although the effort is giving me headaches, dizziness, and muscle spasms,  but also  making me feel happy, and exited but sometimes at a loss for the best way to put my point across. When my mind goes blank, I'll go and do something else for awhile . Then, I'll put myself in the character's position , and start again, to try and move forward with my story. Every day, I go forward, not back, and make sure I get enough rest , and eat healthily as always . Whenever I doubt myself, I'll think back to the 'big ' writing projects I've done so far in my 31, almost 32 years of life, my dissertation for my degree in Human Geography at the university of Reading , which I've kept since graduating in 2004 . and , way before that, in secondary school, when I was about 14 or 15, I wrote a Creative Writing piece about my memories of a holiday to the USA with my family , and staying at my aunty's mother's Summer redsidence, Great Oaks Camp in Oxford, Maine  . I got a grade A for this from my English Language and English Literature teacher Mrs Pollock , who was also my Form Tutor, at Didcot Girls' School in Oxfordshire . As soon as she read it , she told me I had a vivid imagination , and my parents said I have the  "best memory in the family" . I like to think I'm observant beyond my visual difficulties . So , all the way through the National Novel Writing Month challenge so far, I have tried to make use of all these skills. 
I can't wait until tomorrow to do more . 





No comments:

Post a Comment