Powered By Blogger

Sunday 28 April 2013

Dewey's Read-a-thon 2013 Day 2 (28 April)


10:15 AM: just about to start reading Six Geese-a-laying  by Sophie Kinsella.I had my breakfast early today but I'm   hungry again (must be all the reading!) I'm sipping some green tea as well while I'm reading and also doing some work on my Facebook page simultaneously.I'm really hoping to finish some more books today! I'm really enjoying the Read-a-thon

10:30 AM: broke off from my reading to put some make-up on and eat an orange, my mid-morning snack.I continued reading.

11:03 AM I finished six Geese-a-laying!.It's a short story and set around Christmas time and is about a group of women who go to an exclusive group to prepare for the birth of their babies. It  focuses on the last session they have together in which the mysterious guest speaker shows every member how the future with the baby is going to be and also the birth.  One one of them goes back home to find her boyfriend setting up a group for the baby (just like in the Speaker's slideshow) except events don't turn out exactly the same because she manages to stop it stop them by wishing him happy Christmas.the short story also contains the first chapter of another Sophie Kinsella book, I've Got Your Number. My impression of six Geese  a- laying  is that it a bit of a silly story compared to her other books. I've Got Your Number seems better. Here's the synopsis:


Utterly charming . . . Put Sophie Kinsella’s Number on speed dial.”—USA Today 


Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry her ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her “happily ever after” begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring in a hotel fire drill, but in the panic that follows, her phone is stolen. As she paces shakily around the lobby, she spots an abandoned phone in a trash can. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!
Well, perfect except that the phone’s owner, businessman Sam Roxton, doesn’t agree. He wants his phone back and doesn’t appreciate Poppy reading his messages and wading into his personal life.
What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other’s lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls, and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents, she soon realizes that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment