Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 18 March 2014

A Trip To The Hairdressers (With Bonus Product Review)

Yesterday  I went to the hairdressers. This may not seem like an overly big deal to a lot of you , but I have never really liked going. Yes, I like to be pampered and I like the end result , but when I was young I was very self-conscious about people seeing my scars on my head from my hydrocephalus operations. Even now I wonder how the hairdresser will react  if they're  a hairdresser I haven't seen before . Luckily I've seen this hairdresser two or three times now and she guessed I'd had operations the first time I saw her without me having to tell her , and told me yesterday I have some areas if my head where more hair has grown than others , so she gave me a cut that evened it out.  Due to my hydrocephalus and my shunt (the drainage valve and tube I have inside my brain to drain off the excess cerebrospinal fluid I have), and also due to my CP I have always had a lot of head and neck pains, and get an uncomfortable tight feeling whenever I move my head, so having my hair washed at the hairdressers is out of the question as I can't put my head back . There was a bit of an awkward moment when a sudden noise made me jump ,  (AKA my startle reflex due to CP) and the hairdresser wondered what was wrong, but Alfredo calmly explained in a simple way.  That was solved my having my hair washed during that morning's shower  When we got back, Alfredo dyed my hair (involving another full-body shower to get the dye out)  using a colour we already had. The hair dye is L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss # 565 - Berry Red.

I'm pleased with my haircut and the way the dye looks!  This post can also be found on my other blog  The Secret Dreamworld of a Disabled Shopaholic http://disabledshopaholic.blogspot.com.es

*******BONUS PRODUCT REVIEW ********
I don't usually include reviews on this blog, but I thought I would this time, and I'll review products I like as well as ones I use due to my disabilities. I'll also post this on my The Secret Dreamworld of A Disabled Shopaholic blog (also on Blogger) .
The dye itself is the kind of colour I always tend to choose, as I like colours that are sophisticated, wearable and subtle as well as fairly natural-looking. I also like it to make a statement but not be too far off my natural colour, which is dark brown. I often think there sometimes isn't much of a selection regards hair dye colour range in any brand of dye- it's mostly light brown, dark brown or black, and I've never wanted to go blonde!, I just think it wouldn't suit me).
The creamy texture blends well , has no ammonia ( another thing I look for in a hair dye as I can't stand the stuff! ) Years ago, I used dye from this brand and it irritated my scalp. I'm pleased to say they now seem to have changed the formula as that didn't happen with this one. It has a nourishing balm  (like all hair dyes) which made my hair soft. 
I think I'll buy this again now I've tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment