Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 August 2014

Our Plight to Get Housing

  Hi Readers! 

Today, I got some emails from Trovit, an online property website I am registered with  claiming there were ' hundreds of properties' with my search criteria. Such a  joke, Alfredo and I have been looking for a new flat for 6 years now, and there is nothing. Even when I am registered  on lots of  property websites. I hate living where we are now, (the flat, not the area)  we both do, but have no choice as can't find anything. This is driving me crazy. People close  to us  will tell us not to worry, that we will find somewhere, that we  are not the only ones going through similar stuff, that they want the best for us, want us to be happy etc.  I know this, but I am feeling like other people don't matter too much, what matters is Alfredo and I. When I say this, I am not being self centred or mean, I am speaking the truth.  I am also looking for bungalows, and have looked for hotel rooms, even rooms in a youth hostel, but nada, zero. 

I have asked friends and people I trust along the way,  for advice, but at the end of the day, their experience is their  experience, and will be different to ours. The general consensus from websites is 'keep looking.' Some estate agents have taken our details, and will 'get back to us' if anything comes up.  This is logical and positive and all, but when you have days (often weeks) where you look and look and look for housing  and keep telling yourself not to lose hope as hope is the last thing we lose, you feel hope slipping away anyway as things are so much out of your hands. Sound familiar? Well, yes, that is me right now. 

I dream of the day we will have a home to be proud of and have more stability in our lives on that front. We talk of starting a family too, and I have been taking folic acid  for awhile now. Everything seems like it will be fine as I know the precautions I have to take, and the extremely high level of care I will need. My novels are going well too, but the housing difficulty for us is like me trying to drive my powerchair along the road but the entire road suddenly being blocked by a huge boulder, meaning there is no way to pass it.  

I cannot wait until we can go shopping for furniture and other things for our flat or bungalow. I have various Pinterest boards with what I would buy. That will be the easy part, me being the shopaholic that  I am, LOL. 

 I have been assessed, and  various  occupational therapists  know what I require. Once we find a place, it will be time for various teams to get involved, OT, as well as the Visual Impairment Team to get the level of lighting wired into where we will live that is right for me, and provide more aids for my  physical and sensory (visual)  disabilities. 

I know this is probably REALLY far in advance, and probably not (who knows? I really hope the answer is 'probably not'). We have decided that we will have a party when we are in a place, and those who want to and can come, are invited. 

I will start to blog our progress on this more often, so look out for the next entry :) 

Have a great Friday and a great weekend! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment