Powered By Blogger

Thursday 20 November 2014

When a Patient Really Matters to a Doctor.......

Today, I had a doctor 's appointment but I didn't go because of feeling tired from all my recent work on my book for NaNoWriMo. Alfredo sometimes  goes for me, especially if it's just to get my medication. The appointment was at 1 in the afternoon, and he got there in good time he told me afterwards. My GP (family doctor) is really nice and laid back. She said that for all patients with chronic illnesses or disabilities were going to have electronic perscriptions from now on. She was talking to Alfredo and she was filling in my electronic prescription whilst talking to him. She usually always gives me a couple of boxes of Baclofen so we don't have to go back so often . He  noticed there was something wrong with the prescription  when he was in the chemist and the pharmacist pointed it out to him. She said there was just one box altnough the doctor swore she put more on the prescription. 
He told me that he went back to the medical centre and luckily found the doctor who was talking to another doctor and hadn't left  yet (she only works mornings.) 
She wasn't sure what had happened......so, she ended up going to the chemist, this time with Alfredo, and she said she was my doctor and talked to the pharmacist. She even looked at the screen on the computerised till to see where the error was. She and Alfredo left feeling confused. Alfredo said why didn't she give me a handwritten prescription? She said that she wanted me to have an electronic one so that we don't have to go back to the medical centre every time I need more medication, and that we must get annoyed with having to wait our turn in the waiting room just to get a new prescription for the medication she knows  I always take. She knows what other kinds of medication I need too, and she seems like she really wants to help us sort this. 
I'm so happy I have a devoted and helpful partner and doctor.It's great to have people like this in my life, as too often, I have been misunderstood  by doctors, and not taken seriously . I'm lucky to have a great neurologist, too. I've had very few doctors in my life who are as interested in trying to help me as the ones I have now. 
The result of today is Alfredo will go back to see my doctor tomorrow, and we both hope this is sorted out soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment