Powered By Blogger

Friday 25 April 2014

Success My First Camp NaNoWriMo

Today, I finished and uploaded my novel to the word count validator on www.campnanaowrimo.org, and it showed I had met, and gone over, my 35,000 words limit, and that I am a winner. My actual word count is 36, 590  words,. It was such a relief to finally submit my novel , with 6 days to spare. As soon as I'd uploaded it and saw the winner screen, I felt a sense of pride . that took me back to last November when I first jumped on the NaNoWriMo wagon. What I liked about Camp  NaNoWriMo as opposed to the regular NaNoWriMo was that with Camp NaNoWriMo, I could change my word count goal , and I'm glad I put it down to 35,000 words , as , this time around, this goal was much more attainable and realistic. I won't say it was easy though, it wasn't, and there were many days when I felt exhausted , but felt the need to carry on and meet my goal. I have checked out the winner's page , and claimed some of the prizes: I have submitted my first chapter to  Jukepop Serials at 
www. jukepop.com 
A few days ago, I reserved my proof copy of my novel via www.lulu.com's offer. From publishing Spellbrooke #1 through them, I know the score, and  know it doesn't take long to create a cover through them. I can't wait to get both novels actually on sale , through CreateSpace.com, hopefully. Now, I am rereading and giving my novel the final edit before I see my manuscript turn into my proof copy. The moment Spellbrooke came through the post was one of the proudest moments of my life. All I had to do was pay postage which wasn't much. I have until August to upload it, but want to do so as soon as possible. May 1 is another deadline, I will upload my manuscript for the manuscript review by the Book Grenome Project.....I wonder what this one will say?!  The last one likened my writing style to Stephen King and Joanna Harris (of Chocolat fame) . 
I have to say, as tiring as Camp NaNoWriMo was for me, it's well worth the effort: I would never had thought this time last year I'd have dictated 2 of my own novels! 
Now, I just have to publish them :) 
My campaign is still going on Indiegogo  for help with publishing Spellbrooke, and the last day is May 19 th. 
NOW, ITS TIME TO CELEBRATE!!!!!
Thank you to everyone in my Cabin who supported me and cheered me on. Keep going Campers! Maybe we'll see each other at the July retreat! 
 
Winner Certificate  Screen , and, below, goodies from the Sponsors! PLUS Camp NaNoWriMo Facebook, Twitter and Blog badges 






No comments:

Post a Comment