Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Camp NaNoWriMo April 2014 : day 1 2,090 Words

Today, Camp NaNoWriMo started. I had been debating about doing this for awhile and decided to take the plunge. I've organised myself quite well I think : I signed up back in December 2013 and filled in my novel and personal information and then I was assigned to a Cabin (group of supporters) and opened up my Textilus iPad app and got started. I also calculated how much I'd have to write each day this month  if I am to reach my 50,000 word goal. There's a flexible word count, with 10,000 being the minimum, and this is what makes it different to NaNoWriMo . So far today I'm at 2,090 words, and am proud of what I've done. By the end of this I'm hoping to have a good draft of Spellbrooke 2 . What I like about NaNoWriMo and Camp NaNoWriMo is they are both good for motivation and work for me. 
Here are a few screenshots showing Textilus and the Camp NaNoWriMo site, my faithful companions during the challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment