Powered By Blogger

Friday 8 November 2013

A Post About Reaching 10,000 Words For NaNoWriMo

Today was a great day. I slept earlier last night, got up earlier this morning, and that idea worked. I started dictating my story again after we'd had breakfast and Alfredo had showered me , then I turned my iPad on (which we charge while I'm dictating) loaded my Dragon dictation app and began. I didn't quite reach the word target for yesterday, but I did manage to today - and quite early on in the day. The difference was , today I continued dictating AFTER the status bar turned green, and , aside from various other things we've had to do today! that's what I've been doing, working on my book, noting things down every now and then when I wasn't sure of an idea for the book. My notebook is far from being filled up yet. I have a plot line, but am adding to , and changing it , as I go along, and it seems to be working. 

It's 9..22 PM , and I've just updated my last word count of the day : 4.222 words just today. This is the most I've done since NaNoWriMo began. I am feeling really proud of myself and can't wait for the NaNoWriMo Word Count Marathon- which is tomorrow.  I've already reached , and gone beyond ,  the 10,000 word milestone - I'm at 10, 103  words, and I'm hoping to reach the 15,000 word target if not then, over the weekend. 
The other really good thing is Alfredo is being really supportive , and encouraging , not like he ever wouldn't be, but at least he is, and that helps. 

We talked a lot today about whether or not I'll publish the book or not , and I've decided, whatever the reault of my NaNoWriMO is , whether I actually finish the book or not (although, according to my statistics it's likely as there are still 23 days left). Last night, I even dreamt I saw my book on the shelf of a well- known bookshop , and I daydream about book signings- it'd just be amazing if one day I go into Waterstones, or look online , and my book is there. 

Since starting NaNoWriMo,  and even before that I really felt I've found something I love to do , write , (although I've loved that all my life) , but NaNoWriMo is showing me that I can really do it- write for a deadline, and try and write a book . 

I'm so excited about tomorrow. :) 
I'm off to read for awhile and then to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment