Powered By Blogger

Thursday 28 November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving, And What I'm Thankful For

 This year, I've decided to publish another blog post about what I'm thankful for, despite the fact that we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Europe, as I think it's important to be thankful for things in life.

Firstly, I am thankful for just being alive after all the struggles I had coming into the world back in 1981. 

I am thankful for my intelligence and eagerness to study and learn them as without that I would not have got a degree learnt Spanish, or written my recent book as part of the National novel writing month. 
I am also thankful for having the patience and being disciplined enough to be able to work on it and meet the target as it was my first time doing the competition. Words cannot express how proud I am of myself! 

I am also thankful to those who love me and who care about me, and for having Alfredo by my side through thick and thin no matter what. 

I am thankful for my friends and family and to have been born in a country where doctors and nurses in the N ICU and later an  operation to fit me with a shunt for hydrocephalus was able to save my life.

 I am thankful for having known about Natalie my twin sister even though it was in the sad circumstances of knowing she had come into the world only to pass away a short time later. 

I am thankful for being engaged to Alfredo and for him having the commitment to make future plans with me for children and a future together. 

I am also thankful to have the imagination I have and to be able to think of future book or disability awareness projects are not all life projects in general that I would like to fulfil. 

I am thankful , as we get nearer to Christmas , to have someone to spend Christmas as I often think of the people who have nobody and it makes me feel sad. 

I am thankful for the fact I'll soon have my new  electric wheelchair. 

I'm thankful to have food to eat and clothes to wear and somewhere to live as there are so many people in the world who don't have that . 

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment