Powered By Blogger

Sunday 3 November 2013

NaNoWriMo : A Step Closer To A dream?

So  far, this year has been quite a year for me  in relation to books, what with the GoodReads Reading Challenge (which , luckily lasts all year) going on since January, and the Dewey's Read--A-Thons in April and October. 
Yesterday, it was the first of November , which means the first of the  month, - not long til my birthday now -  and .....the start of National Novel Writing Month- also known as NaNoWriMo - which I had heard of , but never participated in. I Googled it and immediately found the website. I signed up straightaway. I'm glad I saw the mention of it in a friend's status on Facebook or else I've never have known. The goal  is to basically write a total of 50,000 words, and about 175 pages, throughout November.  
As I only signed up yesterday, I've spent a lot of today reading the NaNoWriMo  website , and familiarising myself with the challenge , as well as dipping into articles on www.ehow.com (some of which were promptly pinned to my "Writing" board on Pinterest as I think they'll come in handy. I've found some word- processing apps on the AppStore which have now been downloaded to my iPad. I've always wanted to write a novel and feel like this challenge may be the kick- start I need .  My absolute dream would be to get one published . I've begun planning , and I'm using my leopard-print notebook I was given last Christmas . That reminds me- I'll have to ask for more notebooks this Christmas/ birthday. I'm aware that the childhood hobby of writing I had has always stayed with me , and I want to make real use of it. 
As I write this, I'm aware of how tired I feel- it's been a busy day . I did get to see some movies on TV though, one of which was The Invisible , as Halloween film season continues. 
I'm off to bed now . 
I feel very excited about this challenge! 

Here's the website and sign-up link http://nanowrimo.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment