Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 6 November 2013

An Enjoyable And Productive Day

Today started off with Alfredo and I not wanting to get up , but we did at 10AM. I was determined to continue with my dictation but we had computer problems we had to sort out. I'm using my iPad and an app I found called Textilus for my book. I'm liking the app so far , and it's good as it has a word count, lots of different fonts, font sizes and folder covers. After we sorted the computer problems, It was time to eat, but I managed to grab some dictation time before eating , and then have been working on my book for a few hours this evening, since the challenge started, I've been constantly looking at my word count , but today I decided not to , and just dictated, next thing I knew, bingo! the  bar  next to my daily word count was green :) I felt a real rush at this and am actually now really into the story . So now I know it's true what authors say, and advise, the best way to write is just WRITE , and edit later.  Sometimes, I'll edit a little as I go along , but Textilus also goes with the "write first , edit later" approach, so I'll stick with that. 
For now, I'm going to say goodnight as it's almost Midnight, and I'll finish by saying today was my most productive day, as I dictated over 3,000 words,  and have dictated 5,207 since the beginning of November. I'm really trying not to think of the 44,000 and a bit more words I still have left to go,  but the important thing is that 50,000 word target that was there at the beginning is counting down, and I'm doing my best. 

Back again tomorrow 

No comments:

Post a Comment