Powered By Blogger

Monday 29 December 2014

30 Day Blog Challenge Day 13: A Busy Day In The Life Of A Writer

Today started off with all the usual things , breakfast and some TV then getting ready for the day. 
My plan was to get some more critiques done for the Scribophile site , but I ended up on Facebook and the Inked Voices siite. I have dropped out of some of the small critique groups that make up the Inked Voices site because lately I have found it too much and I have been feeling very snowed under. I'm glad I now have a slightly lighter workload. I'm also trying to finish off my Goodreads Reading Challenge for the year. 104 books so far. Hoping to reach 105 at least and make my target for next year between 110 and 120. 
Dad sent me an email about my birthday and Christmas gifts, after having asked if they had arrived every time he and Mum called ever since about the 11th of December. 
I had to chase up the parcels and two are in the post office near our flat but the thrid isn't . They were all posted on the same day recorded delivery and all need to be signed for. We didn't even get a slip from the post office to say the postman had been and no-one rang on the bell which is very unusual.That on its own took the best part of a few hours out of my day as I was sending emailsback and   forth to dad and the post office. Thank God for Facebook (I contacted the post office through there.) 
So tomorrow Alfredo will go and get the parcels and I will finally see what's inside them! 
I did a separate blog post as I am looking for beta readers for the novel I dictated in November 2013 I got some volunteers from the NaNoWriMo Facebook group but am looking for more. If yoou are interested please reply to the post  where I make the request with how I can send my manuscript to you. I am looking for serious and reliable beta readers who will do a good, thorough and informative job and who'll get my manuscript back to me on time.  You must enjoy reading and/ or writing and genuinely want to help me, not just be out to read and get your hands on a copy of my manuscript without helping out. There have been too many times when people have said they would halp but have never got back to me with suggestions and changes, or to say they thought it was ready to publish. I am looking to publish by Fabruary/ March 2015 AT THE LATEST. 

No comments:

Post a Comment