Powered By Blogger

Monday 29 December 2014

Beta Readers Needed For My Urban Fantasy Novel For 9-12 Year Olds.

HI everyone. I'm in critical need of beta readers for my urban fantasy novel. The novel is called Spellbrooke and is part one of the Spellbrooke trilogy which is aimed at 9 to 12-year-olds. This is my first novel, and I am hoping to publish by February/ March 2015 at the latest . I have joined two online critique groups, but some people think that they can't read children's novels because of their age. I am 33 years old, and wrote in this genre because I wanted to give it a try. I am in a difficult position because hardly any of my family and friends enjoy reading or writing, and most do not have the time to help me out.
 I realise this is a time and priority issue for everybody as they have to balance other aspects of their lives, but I would really appreciate it if someone would come forward and offer to help me out. I created a campaign in May 2014 but was unable to raise the funds I needed for a professional editor and/or beta reader, and I also have complex medical needs that need to be seen to and paid for, so money is a huge issue from me. I've been working on this novel since November 2013 and it would be my complete dream to see it published, but without a reliable reader who will receive my work and get back to me on it  promptly I will be unable to do that.
Please get back to me ASAP if you feel like you can help.
I'm happy to beta read, review or critique your work for you. I can post reviews on my reading blog at www.myreadingparadise.wordpress.com, or on Amazon/ Goodreads. 
If you would be up for helping me, reply to this post. 

Here's a synopsis 

Casey Ford and Rachel Brown have a lot in common: they are best friends, they are both nine years old , and they both have Cerebral Palsy. They also want to be popular .
It's the the last day of school before the summer holidays. They both love reading and horses. They are looking forward to a nice fun, relaxing summer, without Angela and her friends from school teasing them and Casey's brother Nick being a nuisance . The summer starts off great, with trips to the swimming pool and shopping centre , but then the girls ' parents book them into Violet Roses Summer Camp.  Reluctantly , they both go, and in some ways it's not so bad, they ride, swim, do crafts and go on day trips.
One day trip is to Swallowdale , a town where they visit a fortune teller with a crystal ball who tells of a magical land called Spellbrooke, where Faries, Humans and animals live. If only they could find the way there.......
A scandal forces their days at the camp to be over, but it's not all bad news as Casey's tenth birthday arrives, and she's given what she always wanted: a horse she names Noah. They make a promise that they will visit Spellbrooke again, and one day they do. This time, they're set a Quest by Queen Tobenia and King Oliver II: find the missing Popularity Potion.
Together with an unlikely group of friends and animals, they battle through Spellbrooke completing mini Quests, and searching for the missing Popularity Potion , but will they complete it ? Will the Potion work? Was Spellbrooke real or just a dream
Join Casey and Rachel as they discover a new land, make new friends, and discover a true friendship can never be broken.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jacqui, yes I am :) thanks for commenting, and for offering to pass this post around. I really appreciate it because I am finding Looking for interested proof Readers and beta readers the hardest part of being an author so far. Happy 2015. I hope you had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete