Powered By Blogger

Thursday 25 December 2014

30 Day Blog Challenge day 9: The Meaning of Christmas



Today is Christmas day , and for me, Christmas means spending a great day with Alfredo, and also getting phone calls from family. So far, both of these things have happened today. I have also watched a couple of films, and plan to read some of the book I have just started. The book is called Naomi's wish and is by. For some people, Christmas is all about presents I still have some on the way which is quite nice because having had my birthday on Monday, I am looking forward to getting them. I love receiving new things, but also family Christmas is about being with people who who really care about me. The weather is not too cold today, but I'm not looking forward to when it gets colder! Alfredo and I decided to eat a Chinese meal today so that he wouldn't have to cook a Christmas dinner. We ordered duck with orange and almonds. It was the first time I have ever had this dish from the Chinese and it was delicious! It's so nice to eat something different from normal Christmas food. We had some hot chocolate and chocolate panettone for breakfast which is the kind of breakfast that Alfredo is used to having for Christmas Day because eating panettone on that day is a Peruvian tradition. He has now been away from Peru for 12 years. I spent quite a few hours yesterday getting in touch with friends and family on Facebook and sending Christmas cards in advance of today. I'm glad I did, because it's usually a really busy time of year for everybody. Whatever you are doing today, have a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment