Powered By Blogger

Thursday 1 January 2015

30 Day Blog Challenge Day 16: Then And Now

Happy New Year!
 Today I have decided to reflect back on 2014 a little, and obviously forward to  what I hope to do in 2015. 

I have many good memories from 2014: from dictating the next two books The Spellbrooke Trilogy,  in my up in fantasy trilogy for children, to receiving the printed and bound proof copies in the post. I didn't reach my goal of wanting to have the first book in the same series finished and published by the end of the year, but my new goal is to try and get that done before the end of this year.
My parents came over to visit in May for a couple of days after we had not seen each other for a while, and we went to Peggy Sue's one of a chain of 1950's American diner-style restaurants that I had been wanting to visit since my birthday in 2013. The restaurant has a great atmosphere, and I would like to go there again sometime.
I also managed to take part in both the April and October Dewey's  Readathon events, and also both of the Camp NaNoWriMo events in April and July. As you can see, April was a busy month! I did NaNoWriMo again in November. A lot of this year has been spent reading, preparing to write a book or writing a book. 

Last night we had a chinese meal and Alfredo watched a TV show called Stingers which is Australian and was apparently cancelled due to the time slot because there's such a huge difference between there and other parts of the world. I really like it too. I decided to start reading what is my first book of 2015. It is called Taken and is by.  Sharon Hamilton. It is a true story and very well written.  

At midnight, Alfredo got me out of bed where aI was reading and trying to warm up with the aid of my hot water bottle and the heating. My circulation is really bad and I can't regulate my body temperature. We counted down and had the orange segments (see my previous post on this custom). Then it was time for bed because somehow Alfredo is always chosen to work on New Years Day! 

I am going to continue my Goodreads Reading Challenge for the year, and I hope to finish my first book today. I have challenged myself to read 120 books. 

This year, I have been asked to write a guest opening post for the April Dewey's Readathon event, so I am looking forward to that. It is a great event anyway, and a good opportunity to get a weekend of reading and blogging in. It will be especially welcome if I decide to do Camp NaNoWriMo again, because it will give me some sort of a break from working on my novel. I am planning to do these events again, but it just depends what else I have to do. Alfredo and I are hopefully planning to move this year as well.
I hope you have a healthy and happy year where your wishes come true.
 I really hope certain things work out for Alfredo and I. We are real fighters and do not deserve them not to. I shouldn't have to mention what these are, if you know me well you'll know.

New Years Day is a hard day for me and my family, because, 33 years ago, it was the first day since mine and my identical twin sister Natalie's births that my parents were unable to visit her in hospital because she had passed away the day before. Wherever you are Natalie, I still miss you knowing you were my twin! 


No comments:

Post a Comment