Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 20 January 2015

International Day Of Acceptance (IDOA) 2015

Acceptance does not come easily to a lot of people, and especially acceptance of this who society sees as "different " - anyone with some kind of disability , health condition or illness. Every year, 20 January is a special day because people with disabilities, health conditions or illnesses are celebrated.  I started to spread the word about the day back when I recently took part in the 30 Day Blogging Challenge, and contacted Shine Charity for Spina Bifida and Hydrcephalus, and my blog post got shared by them!

I have  experienced a lot of bullying in my life because of my disabilities, and many assumptions have been made about my  abilities and disabilities. Today is also a chance to honour Annie Hopkins, the sister of Stevie Hopkins, the founder of 3E Loves Wheelchair Heart. She passed away on this day. I'm a very accepting person, and I decided to spread awareness in my own way today by creating photo collages, and posting them to Facebook,  Instagram twitter and Pinterest. Of course, I couldn't forget about blogging here. I also made a YouTube video. How did you celebrate today? 











No comments:

Post a Comment