Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 13 January 2015

30 Day Blog Challenge Day 28: A Great Achievement

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2734451/Bond-brothers-Wheelchair-bound-twin-cerebral-palsy-makes-history-completing-gruelling-16-hour-Ironman-brothers-side.html

As a twin, I always look for news stories about twins, and also those with the same disabilities as me. This  article's headline caught my attention because I know some people who have done triathlon challenges, although the people I know don't have any type of disability. 
My thoughts after reading the article are that I am happy for them for having completed it, and that it really does show the great bond they have as brothers and twins. On the other hand, Steen could not have done this on his own so would have needed to have someone's help anyway. It's nice to hear and see that it was his own twin brother who stepped forward with the will to go through this with him, and to me that makes the achievement even more personal for them. The feeling of happiness afterwards must have been amazing, and is one that will stay with them for the rest of their lives. 
To me, this is not "inspirational," but just something any brother who really cares for his brother would have done, and even more so given that there is the natural and automatically strong bond of twins  between the two of them 
Take a look at the article, and see what you think! 


No comments:

Post a Comment