Powered By Blogger

Friday 3 October 2014

30 Day Blogging Challenge Day 4: How To Be Happy

Today is World Smile Day! Smiling is not always easy- there are people who smile a lot and others who smile less. I have always smiled in photos , and I prefer to look at photos where people are smiling.  Here is my guide to help you be happier 



HOW TO BE HAPPY 
1. Learn to love yourself. Confident people shine, and they are like magnets. I used to be really shy and not at all confident, but once I decided I had to be confident for me, everything changed, and I felt better about myself.  
2. Learn to trust yourself . You and ONLY you know what you want in life and what you are like, so trust your instincts.       
3. Learn who values you for who you are. We all have friends, but one way or another, whether through life's circumstances, or through the choices we make, people come and go and value us in one moment and not the next. 
4.Meet new people. No matter how many people you know, it is OK to meet new people  as well as staying in touch with longstanding friends  who share other things in common with you. Go to places where people meet and join in with them. 

5. Have a hobby or learn a new one: I have always loved reading, and over the past few years, I have discovered a passion for writing and blogging. 
6. Laugh at yourself now and then. This was something I found hard to do for years,  and still take myself too seriously on occasion. I have learnt to laugh at myself and joke about life (when it is appropriate) 
7. Eat healthily. This is a must for a healthy lifestyle. Over the past few months, I have stopped eating chocolate and sweet things (I am a chocoholic and have a sweet tooth) but after recently giving up salt, chocolate and anything sweet I have lost weight and I feel great. 

8. Look for love . I spent years thinking I'd never meet anyone, and had some disastrous dates, but then came university and I concentrated on my studies. I met my soulmate Alfredo in 2006 and we are still going strong. 
9. Exercise. My neurologist told me to find exercise  I love. I love swimming, but need help moving in the pool or doing exercises like stretching. I feel tired but better after it.  
10. Pamper yourself! I am a complete shopaholic. When I can afford it, I love shopping for a treat especially after I have done some more writing, or accomplished something else in life. If shopping is not your thing, treat yourself another way, a trip away, a meal with friends. Having 'me' time is a great way to be happier. 


11. Sleep well. The experts advise getting between seven and eight hours sleep per night. What helps me is to have a routine: what I do is I read for a few hours before bed , so that I am completely wound down. Alfredo gets me dressed into my PJs before this time, as tiredness increases the stiffness in my muscles and means I can't move. 
If you don't like reading, watch TV or do yoga, anything that relaxes you- sleep will come easier if you are relaxed.  
 
Follow these tips and I assure you happiness 

No comments:

Post a Comment