Powered By Blogger

Friday 24 October 2014

30 day blogging challenge day 25: What I Like About my iPad




I am always using my iPad. I have an iPad2 , and have had it for over two years now, and going on three, but it has really changed the way I am able to access computers. The touchscreen makes it easy to use, and I love the amount of accessibility features and applications on it.  I use zoom, VoiceOver and sometimes invert  the colours on the screen. As I can't pinch my fingers together or drag my hand or fingers over the screen, so  I use assistive touch, where I have created gestures  I can do: for example, when reading an ebook, instead of using a draggimg motion to turn the page, I touch the side of the page I want to turn once.  
   The downside I find is that not all of the pages on the Internet are easy to use from an iPad, because not all of them react when you want to change the zoom. To  solve this, I use the iPad's ReadAloud  feature which literally reads the text back to me I  also set the iPad to read items on the screen such as the names of icons ,  the time on the clock and the  battery charge level  
 I  would recommend an iPad to anybody!  
Below are screen shots of some of the accessabiility settings I use . 

NOTE: if VoiceOver is activated, you can't share blog posts and it can affect other settings on your iPad, for example I found I could not copy and paste a sentence or insert a photo properly, so I had to turn this feature off to be able to do these things. 
Take a look at the iPad user manual for more information . 

Outline buttons- the buttons  and parts of menus are outlined in black, making them easier to see 


How to find the accessibility settings within the iPad2 menus 

Zoom options 

Lettering size for emails and notes 

No comments:

Post a Comment