Powered By Blogger

Saturday 4 October 2014

30 Day Blogging Challenge Day 6 : My Favourite Films of All Time

We all have our favourite films, and my taste is a  mix  of classical  sentimentalism and unforgettable films that will stay in my mind and my heart forever. 

Sister Act 1 and 2 – enter Whoopi Goldberg, Maggie Smith and the cast and crew. Whoopi Goldberg is an actress who never fails to make me laugh, that has a professionalism about her that is hard to match. I loved her as the medium in Ghost , and as sister Mary in Sister Act 1 and 2. 

Sister Act 1 (1992) 



I loved the fact that the first film was at a convent, but  then we saw the lights and glitz of Reno.  

Sister Act 2 ( Back in the Habit) (1993) 





Grease -  (1978) When  I was at school, I bought the soundtrack to this film, and, one Christmas, I persuaded my grandparents to take us to see the musical  on our annual visit up to London's West End at Christmas to see a musical. I thoroughly enjoyed the musical, and bought a  got pink T-shirt with the grease logo on it.



Mrs Doubtfire (1993) - This is another one of my classic films I will never forget. What is actually quite a simple story is made a brilliant film by Robin Williams, and  SallyField , and this never fails to make me laugh.

Stand by  Me (1986) - my sister recommended me this. I was pretty surprised when, upon looking at the front cover of this DVD in HMV, the name will Wheaton appeared. I really like how Wil  acts, and had seen him in the popular sci-fi TV series Star Trek the Next Generation as ensign Crusher.  

Titanic (1997)-  this might seem very cliched, but I really like this film. The story of the most famous shipwreck in the world conquers me every time, and I can't help shedding a tear or two at the end of the film.


Big Momma's Like Father Like Son (2011)

This was. a very funny film 

Last Holiday (2006) -  This was funny but with the serious medical aspect of someone being told she is diagnosed with cancer. 

My sister's Keeper (2009) - I loved this film adaptation of the Jodi Picould book. Very thought- provoking

Salem Falls (2011) - Another Jodi Picoult book made into a film. This had a different type of plot bit was just as good. 

Coyote Ugly (2000) - I fell in love with this film when I was on holiday in Dorset with my family. I can remember my aunty gought the video for me at the supermarket. The perfect chick flick! A few years ago I bought it on DVD and I also bought the soundtrack. I have lost count of how many times I saw it , but I love it so much it doesn't matter :) 

The  Ring ( USA version, 2002
Generally, I am not into horror, but I was hooked on this film as soon as it came out

The Ring 2 (USA version, 2005
This follows Rachel and her son's lives after they first were terrorised by the video tape that says they have 7 days to live. They move state, but the adventure is not over.....



Pay it Forward (2000) - I first saw Helen Hunt in Twister, and liked how she acted, and as I like helping people, I wanted to see this. I had never heard of Haley Joel Osment at the time though, but had heard of Kevin Spacey. This film was heartwarming, funny and sad all at the same time. This is another one I had on video (I remember searching high and low for it, and eventually found it in Reading's Virgin Megastore. Best to have the tissues ready for this one, too. 

Memoirs of A Geisha (2005) 

When my mum's cousin talked about this film, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to see it. She didn't tell me much about it, and she's very into art, so I thought I'd see what it was like. I was pleasantly surprised, I loved it! The clothes, the make up........and the plot was vvery interesting too. I bought it on DVD shortly after seeing the film at the cinema. 



The Notebook (2004) 
My aunty Karen recommended this to me, and  said she'd seen it and liked it. I loved it as soon as I saw it. This is a REAL love story, and a film that should never be forgotten if you love romance . I have it on DVD . I love the  1940s fashion too, and Ryan Gosling (Noah) isn't bad either! 





No comments:

Post a Comment