Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 14 October 2014

30 Day Blogging Challenge Day 15: How I Found True Love

Alfredo and I have been together for 8 1/2 years now. We first saw each  other in 2006. I was looking for an apartment and he was already renting out one of the rooms there. I ended up taking a room there , and we also shared with another lady. We were living together for six months until we decided to move out of there.  By this time, I had realised I wanted to be more than friends with him, as I liked his kindness. Then we moved into an apartment  just the two of us. He proposed to me on 22 December 2008. This was the night of my 26th birthday. For a long time,  before this, I did not have very much confidence in myself, and was certain that I would never have a relationship and that nobody would like me. I had some disastrous dates  in secondary school and when I was at university. Guys would just walk away. That's why I'm so glad I met Alfredo. He is not only good-looking, but really understanding, and also accepts me for who I am . Our hopes for the not-too-distant future  are to get married and to have a family. I could not ask for anyone better to be with.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations :). I love how you were attracted by his kindness, an often overlooked trait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story. Such a unique way to meet someone. Love it. Congratulations. You both look very happy :)

    ReplyDelete