Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 October 2013

The Weekend Is The Best Part Of The Week

Another week, (and weekend) is almost over , and today the clocks have gone back , so in theory I had an extra hour's sleep. I don't agree with thinking this is really true, as there'll never be more than 24 hours in any one day. As the weather gets cooler, and autumn is well and truly tightening it's grip on the northern hemisphere, I think the positive, flip- side of autumn being here is being able to wear a cosy sweater, drinking more hot drinks , and huddling under the duvet with a great book in the evenings. It's Sunday today ("all day" as my dad says ) .  This weekend, Saturday was slightly different to other ones in that it was the  end of Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Awareness Week. I spent all week raising awareness and wrote my last post yesterday . I'm glad I contributed as I have hydrocephalus. 
  I feel a sense of happiness when the weekend is here, as if the fact it's the weekend , and even the WORD- " weekend " - has a relaxing sound to it. Well, here's the part where you as the reader may ask "so, Katherine, what do you do at the weekends?" , I read, I'll say ," I read , ALOT" in that, it's no different from a weekday) and I write, or at least, plan to write. . 
For my birthday last year , (wow, has almost a year gone that quickly? - yikes) my mum gave me a hardback, leopard- print notebook , which I love. I use it for my writing projects . It's not too full so far, that's 'cause I've been drafting my writing on my iPad . Ok, writing' s one  thing I do, I also like leisurely breakfasts . Luckily my fiancée Alfredo does too. We always watch movies in the afternoon on TV or the Internet, and I'm hoping we'll have some popcorn today . I also FaceTime my parents or phone or text friends or contact them via Facebook. 
In short, I like my weekends as relaxed as possible so I can get ready for what the week has to bring. 
I hope you as my readers have a great weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment